Bay of Fundy one of the finalists for the New 7 Wonders of Nature!
Help make history by voting for the Bay of Fundy in the global New7Wonders of Nature campaign!
The Bay of Fundy is the only Canadian site among 28 elite finalists in a prestigious campaign to recognize the world's best nature experiences.
Go to New7Wonders.com to vote in this final and important stage of the contest.
The Bay of Fundy, right in the heart of Canada's Maritime provinces, is a 270 km (170 mile) long ocean bay that stretches between the provinces of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia on the country's east coast.
Phenomenal aspects of Canada's Bay of Fundy:
- home to highest tides in world.
- Bay of Fundy compares in biodiversity to the Amazon Rainforest
- 12 species of whales
- critical feeding area for millions of migratory birds
- internationally renown geology
- best site in the world for tidal power generating potential
- home to two UNESCO Biosphere Reserves and one UNESCO World Heritage Site
Bay of Fundy Tourism is the Bay's official nominating committee in the New7Wonders of Nature campaign.
The Bay of Fundy Is one of 28 global finalists competing by popular vote through 2011 to become one of the New7Wonders of Nature.
Click here to learn more about Bay of Fundy — bayoffundytourism.com.